1. Definition: FairPlay is a digital rights management created by Apple to protect videos, musics, audiobooks and apps on iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, iTunes, iTunes Store and the App Store from being played on unauthorized computers, mobile devices or media players. FairPlay-protected files are regular MP4 container files with an encrypted AAC audio stream. The audio stream is encrypted using the AES algorithm in combination with MD5 hashes.
2. Restrictions: FairPlay protected files can only be played on Apple devices and players, namely, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes and Quicktime Player. FairPlay prevents iTunes customers from using the purchased music directly on any portable digital music players other than the Apple iPod, Motorola ROKR E1, Motorola SLVR, Motorola RAZR V3i, the iPhone and the iPad.
3. Methods to bypass FairPlay:
1) Burn a copy to an audio CD—either real or virtual—and then rip it. Audio tracks are allowed to be burned to CD although there is limitation to a particular playlist. And the resulting CD cannot be legally leased, lent, sold or distributed to others.
2) Use a recording software and sound card, making use of the so-called "analog hole". Likewise, the resulting videos or musics cannot be spread or used for commercial purpose.
* Remove DRM from iTunes M4V purchased and rental videos
* Convert iTunes M4V videos to MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG, etc
* Output iTunes videos for PS3, PSP, Surface RT/Pro, Galaxy Tab, Nokia 920, Kindle Fire, etc
* Convert with fast speed and lossless quality
Note: You can download Mac or Windows version of AVS4Mac from the below icons according to your operating system.
>> Why convert iTunes videos to MP4
Mp4 is the most commonly used digital multimedia format to store video, audio as well as subtitles and so on. Most of mobile devices or media players support playing MP4 format files. The main format of most video sharing websites is also MP4. As it were, MP4 is the most compatible format so that converting iTunes videos to MP4 is a very good choice. You can refer to below to see what supports playing MP4:
Mobile devices: Apple, Samsung, Sony phones and game consoles, Windows phones, Amazon, Google, HTC, etc.
Media Players: Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, Quicktime, etc.
Video sharing websites: Youtube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vevo, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc.
>> How to convert iTunes videos to MP4 with AVS4Mac
Step 1: Add iTunes videos
Click "Add" button on the upper left of AVS4Mac to import iTunes purchased and rental videos from iTunes Library to convert. Then click "OK" to apply.
Step 2: Choose output format
Check the loaded video and then go to the right to choose output format for converting. "Same as source for MP4" is recommended because you can get a MP4 video same with the original video in video and audio quality.
Tip: Besides, you can also choose "Customized MP4 video" if you want to customized parameters like codec, bitrate, size, etc. What's more, some mobile devices can also be set as output format, like iDevices, Samsung, game console, etc.
Step 3: Start Converting
Before click "Convert" button, you can set the output path you want to save the resulting video. Otherwise, it will be set by default. After you click "Convert" button, do not operate on iTunes in case that some error may happen.
>> Other output formats AVS4Mac supports
Video formats: AVI, MP4, MPEG, WMV, 3GP, SWF, FLV, MOV
Audio formats: MP3, AAC, WAV